Conveniently located in Naenae, we’re a preferred choice for childcare for parents in the Lower Hutt area. From our light-filled rooms to cosy corners and purpose-designed spaces, we pride ourselves in offering a safe, bright and positive environment where children can explore, bond and imagine.
Family-owned and professionally run early learning centre, we’re a part of the growing All About Children Childcare network of early learning services. Since no two are the same our Naenae centre celebrates diversity and includes our local language, culture and identity.
Building Naenae’s Neighbourhood Heroes | Ako Whanau | Ako Tamariki
- A loving, caring, friendly environment.
- Connection with our local community with regular trips to the neighbourhood.
- A diverse and inclusive teaching environment.
- A space where children can dream it, imagine it, create it, build it, make it and fix it.
Respect | Wonder | Empathy | Creativity | Resilience
- A holistic approach to learning where every child is treated and respected as a whole person, mind, body and spirit
- Based on the principles of Te Whariki
- Through responsive and reciprocal interactions, we nurture competent and confident learners
- We recognise the diversity of our community and believe in providing an environment where children and families from all cultures feel valued and respected.
- Our emergent curriculum builds upon the interests of the children.
- Topics for exploration are captured from the children’s conversation, through community or family events as well as children’s interests.
- Extensive research and a collaborative approach with parents.
- Our safe and inviting environment encourages children to explore and understand their own learning styles.
- Designed by a childcare specialist, we cater to the development needs of children between 2 and 5 years.
- Light-filled centre, inspired by nature with a fantastic indoor-outdoor flow.
- Open plan style allows easy supervision and constant intermingling between toddlers and young children, which is hugely beneficial for both age groups.
Unregistered Counsellor + Nurse + Doctor + Nutritionist + Coach + Mentor + Social Worker = TEACHER
- Passionate, committed and experienced staff, most of whom are qualified.
- Dedicated leadership, led by Centre Manager, Che, and Head Teacher, Nicole.
- Building relationships that create trust and security for both our parents and children.
- On site cook and regular relief team who know our rules and routines.
- Smaller ratios to enable teachers to spend dedicated 1:1 time with children.
We love this centre. Our sensitive boy felt secure from the first day he walked in the door which says a lot about the teachers!
My son has been attending for 1 1/2 years and has been having a blast. The staff are easy going and friendly and it was great to get positive and responsive feedback about his day to day activities. There healthy meal plans are great and its working wonders at home. Highly recommended because we have now sent our youngest there and he is just loving it.
Very friendly staff very modern-looking and clean
Working with Staff has been an absolute pleasure since we put our son here. We had started a few months ago and it is an easy and comfortable experience. I was extremely meticulous in finding a qualitative, neat and clean surrounding plus play materials, safe for kids kind of Child Care Center and this is the one, when I came across All About Children, I right away caught on to them. Also, our son just loves this school. He loves his classmates, teachers and the school staff. Children learn through discovery as teachers may suggest material, but kids choose through self direction of appropriate material.
My son has been with this centre since they opened. Since the centre management change we have seen vast improvements and my son is absolutely thriving. The team of teachers are amazing and supportive, and the food provided for the children has a great variety and has my son trying foods he never would try at home.
Best desicion we have ever made taking our daughter Maya to All About Children. I had anxiety as any parent would with the taking their children to school for the first time but – The teachers are very very supportive and there is no judgment at all. They keep us up to date with learning as well and easily to communicate with. Very professional and the vibe is awesome! Highly recommend.
We initially chose All About Children Naenae because it was a smaller centre and had a nice large outdoor space compared to our previous centre. It was OK when we started but we did have a few doubts that we had made the right move. Since the new centre management has come in it feels more organised and structured and we feel really happy with our decision. The staff have been awesome especially over the COVID-19 lockdown and the communication has been excellent.